Saturday, April 15, 2017

Judy's Quote- Life is not waiting for the storm to pass-It's learning to Dance in the rain

There are a lot of storms in our lives both big and small. After the initial shock of the storm hitting, I work really hard to see any good there might be from the event. There isn’t always dancing, but since I am a relatively optimistic person I choose to head that way. I haven’t had any catastrophic losses so my dances happen pretty fast, but sometimes they are tentative dance steps.


The stomach churning, grieving pain, and yes, physical pain from mental anguish and  physical pain in general is not something you can just turn on or off. There is a process and we can’t do anything, but go forward. Everyone has a different timeline for healing and we need to support without criticism their process. If I need to just sit and hold someones hand or just sit, I want to support them and let them know that someone is there for them.

I've been taking a class at Baylor on 2-D design and it is a joy to now see why a piece of my work works. Before I just did it by instinct and now my world has opened up to see why things are good or bad. I hope you enjoy this little quilt.

10 comments:

  1. Judy, I DID enjoy your little quilt! Thoroughly! In addition to its being charming, colorful, and whimsical, there is much truth in the quotation you've used. I truly appreciate, too, what you've said in your narrative. Much wisdom is there, and the empathetic feelings you have for those who have endured great pain comes through loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy, I simply ADORE this quilt. I love to dance, and your little girls - one gleefully in dance and one a little hesitant - is perfect for this great little quote. I always love your description of being present for others who are going through difficult or painful times. Such a perfect, little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this makes me smile and want to dance! Life certainly is a wonderous journey and you picked a wonderful quote that is wonderfully executed into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy.... What a delightful quilt ! The rain, yes, for each of us at different times in our lives.... The optimism, the dancing, the bright umbrellas, all there, and available to all who are willing (and able..) to make the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and fun!! Love the colors and the message!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great message - and I will remember it with that cuteness factor surrounding it. this is a wonderfully whimsical quilt and it reminds me of the positive and happy child that I see in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quote and the meaning in it for all of us. Being able to understand what others are feeling is a gift.
    I am looking forward to hearing more about your class at Baylor. Yous said some of the things that apply to my study with Jane Dunnewold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This might be my favorite quote. Love your images and stitching the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So charming, Judy! I love the quilt, the composition, the color and especially the quote.

    ReplyDelete