Friday, October 23, 2015

The Circle Composite!


From Alice:  I am at last home from my extended trip!  I came home to find Randy's composite and his, as usual, clever narrative about why he placed the quilts where he did.  As always, many thanks, Randy!    I think he did a brilliant job with this one, truly!  So, in his words:

Seems I must again apologize for the delay in posting the composite for your creative work.  Well, I’m at least a little apologetic. I was at my brother’s home in Cascade, Colorado, up the Ute mountain pass from Colorado Springs, just at the foot of Pikes Peak.

First, row three: my process in this creation is to download all your images, put them on one page, then lean back and see if I can find a row by row pattern for the composite. My quirky sense of humor led my eye immediately to Sara’s Circle – and my distaste for those traffic circles – Waco has two, one historical, one new “traffic calming” creation that still is not logical to me – but that quilt just had to be centered and it still makes me grin – Thanks Sara. And then the patterns and colors of Jane [I read two opinions of which quilt/backings– so I made MY choiceJ] and Kathy’s quilts seemed to nicely blend so row three was completed and that’s why row three was designed first.

Row one: two squares, one rectangular, nice color patterns, interesting complementary circle compositions and I’m now leaning forward and excited about the process.

Row two: Gail’s baby said to me, “the circle of life” before I read the description. I’m a biologist by education and Alice’s tree made me also think of life’s cycle, again before I read the narrative, so I think those blocks pin the corners of row two, with a nice, almost “nother world” feel in Andrea’s beautiful colors.

Row four: and we do have a “nother world” in this row?   How could those three quilts NOT be in the same row – WOW! All three are so life-like, makes me wonder if there IS a quilt guild out there?


Row five: knowing how difficult it would have been for David and Janet to pin her quilt on a wall, I used the techniques of Photoshop to “hang it up” – hope you don’t mind Janet? The colors of Carolyn and Judy’s quilts nicely frame this row and make a finishing statement to a challenging theme for this round.


11 comments:

  1. Randy, this is a GREAT layout! What can I say, we appreciate you so much and are SO glad that Rita is sharing you with us!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, it looks fantastic Randy!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Randy ! I always wonder how in the world you're going to maneuver our quilts around, and you never cease to amaze me that you make our work look so fabulous ! Thank you for all the time you spend on us, and for the creative genius that you are !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Randy - this is amazing and I am honored to have my quilt centered. It is so nice seeing all the quilts in one view and seeing how we all approached the challenge with both different and similar ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy, I absolutely love the composite! I am also glad you chose the "front" of my quilt. That was the side I felt was the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, that was the side that I felt was the front, too!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, a fab job, Alice, for this group you began!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you need to take credit for inspiring me with the book you sent for my bday!

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much again for yet another great composition Randy. I always look forward to reading your narrative regarding your thought process for what goes where and why, and am always entertained!

    ReplyDelete