I decided that I would use this theme to explore working with Angelina Fibers. I literally ironed swirls of different colors of the fibers together again and again,and again,and yet again. Layering the colors on top of one another. Then I went outside and burned holes in the patch of ironed fibers where i wanted the parts of the cell parts to come through. It was a little precarious putting a candle under it and quickly stomping out the flames, and the smell was not great, so I did it outside. I then cut the outside of the patch to the shape of the outside of the large cell and then re burned the edge to give it more of an irregular natural look I made two cells this way. The fibers have an iridescent quality to them and I thought that that helped with keeping the cells look fluid like. When I tried to make them out of fabric, which is how I started, It just didn't work for me. I've always wanted to try working with these fibers, that Tricia introduced me too years ago, but never had the right project for it. This was it. I then appliqued it onto a watery looking fabric, and went to town machine drawing all over the cells to get the look that I wanted with different colors of thread and combinations of different stitches, over each other until I got the look that I wanted. It was a challenging theme, but one that I really enjoyed puzzling out the best way to get where I wanted to go.