Sunday, July 10, 2011

Judy-A little quilt crazy

To say I am a little quilt crazy is true. I've tried all kinds of crafts and I enjoy them, but when I found quilting it took over, literally. My husband and 3 sons know more about quilting, quilt patterns, techniques, and any quilt related equipment needed, then some quilters do. They have put up with my sewing machine, cutting and ironing station in the living room for over15 plus years. Now I even have an 8 foot by 8 foot design wall in there. Only our youngest sons room, (he is 20) doesn't have anything related to quilting in it except the quilts made for him. When he discovered quilt batting under his bed one day he brought it out to me and said,"What is this doing in my room?" Poor him, I now have taught his girlfriend to quilt:) I am excited about this journey we are starting. I am also nervous, but I know it will be a learning and freeing experience.

3 comments:

  1. Judy - You're nervous - honestly? This gal does beautiful design and outstanding quilting. I'm the novice here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can second Carolybn's comment about Judy! Judy is the most expert machine quilter I know (free motion--she doesn't have a long arm). Not only that, but her quilts are numerous and beautiful. Much younger than I am, Judy is my quilting role model! AND she has quilted many or most of my quilts, and for that I am eternally grateful. I love everything about quilting except the machine quilting, though I do love hand quilting. Don't let Carolyn fool you though--she may not have made many quilt, but those she has made--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy...I am glad what you do is so contagious. I hope it catches me!!!

    ReplyDelete