Sunday, November 18, 2012

Wendy's Travel Quilt--Post #2--Road Trip

I'm sure this seems like a strange vacation block, but to those of us who have traveled around Canada and the entire U.S. for the last 13 years, this was every vacation! Every holiday and tourney weekend was spent in the coldest of ice rinks year round. My youngest son played tier hockey and these were our vacations. We did see some drop dead gorgeous parts of Canada and Alaska, but in the winter you'd just rather be inside the rink. So I decided to ink the back of a giant ice hockey player and thread paint over the ink. This truly was our life and I wouldn't change any of it. Now that this kid is graduated we hope to have a more normal type of vacation. Although now there are the grandkids...


8 comments:

  1. Wendy, I love it! So creative and clever and beautiful. Makes sense, but oh those hockey rinks are cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Now I understand your quilt and am rushing back to look at it with this in mind! Do you want me to put the photo with this explanation? As blog administrator, I THINK that I can do that, but will not do it without your explanation. What a great new member you are; such a clever idea, and so beautifully executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I "fixed" Wendy's post by putting explanation and photo together, I left the original one (actually posted for her by Barbara) up, because it is the one with the most comments! Look for "Wendy's Travel Quilt--Post #1--Road Trip" to read more comments. (I don't yet know how to move comments from one post to another! Probably no way to do that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Story and quilt photo all in one place is nice. Oh the fun we have with computers:) I liked the story and your work is beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally get a few moments to look at all the quilts, so I will start here! I love this quilt. It is so realistic. With the story included, I see that it fits the theme so very well and Isaac wonderful memory record that even can evoke coldM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see this back up. My husband LOVEd this work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your memory quilt of hockey days with your son. Your design and quilting are wonderful! So glad you have joined our MM group!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I every time spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.
    Feel free to visit my web page :: van nelle

    ReplyDelete