Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hello

Hi I want to thank you for asking me to join your group. I am very excited about joining.  I have never blogged before so we'll see how I do.   Just to let you know a little about myself.   I live in Massachusetts. I have sewed since I was a child as I am sure most of you have also.  I went to school for photography and fell in love with screen printing.  I had a screen printing business for many years but decided to close as my husband was traveling for work so much and I was raising our 4 children.  Still needing a creative outlet I saw a class for a "quilt camp".  It was a week long class during school hours and I was hooked.  I feel with quilting I am combining my photography, screen printing graphic experience and sewing all in one.  For the last few years I have been creating small landscape quilts based on my images of Nantucket. I also photographed over two hundred and fifty vanity license plates on Nantucket and manufactured a line of bags with the images.  You can see them and a few quilts on my web site  www.triciadeck.com.

Looking forward to posting in January!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome, Tricia! Yes, you have successfully figured out how to post! You are going to be a great member of our group. Can't wait to see your first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but the link given for Tricia does not work :(
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that, too. Nor does it work to type it in. Maybe her URL has changed or something?

      Delete
  3. Hi Tricia, and welcome to The Material Mavens! I am very excited that you have joined our group. I've enjoyed looking at your work and know that you will be a wonderful addition to our quilt challenge blog. I'm looking forward to seeing your Interwoven quilt!

    ReplyDelete