Monday, January 20, 2020

The KEY Composite!



We’ve lived through four major holidays since the last Reveal.   We’ve had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the celebrations of the New Year, and then we zipped right into the next decade.  It was suddenly time for the KEY reveal. Hang on, more excitement to come in the following months.
As I studied the 7 quilts, trying to decide a layout for the composite, I still had a grin [read that as licking my lips] over Andrea’s unique idea. Rita and I recently visited a local restaurant famous for their Key Lime pie, only to be told, “It’s a summer treat!” What! Had to settle for Deep Dish Dutch Apple with a scoop of homemade vanilla – Weight Watchers can wait a week. Andrea, your quilt started front and center, Karen slipped in nicely next. The three reds, theme and color, attractively dominate the top row. Judy, I carry a map of the backroads of Texas on my motorcycle and depend, heavily, on the map key – clever idea for the theme.   Nedra’s lime green and Andrea’s key lime green complement each other to balance the lower corner.   
Yet again – job well done all,
Randy


3 comments:

  1. As always, Randy, thanks so much! There is always not only art but logic to how you compose our composites! This looks great, and I can see exactly WHY each quilt is placed where it is! (I did before I saw this predict that Carolyn's, Kathy's, and mine would be grouped together. What's that old expression about great minds?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, a brilliant composite Randy, thank you!
    I am sorry however that my quilt brought up an unsatisfying "Key Lime Pie" memory! This quilt was partly my tribute to a local bakery who made the most delicious key lime pies, but sadly closed quite abruptly a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH RANDY ! Collectively, what would we do without you !!! Sometimes, I think you know all of us better than we know ourselves; and you magically put our work together in such a way that you make "Super Stars" of each of us ! Thank you for all your time and effort; for your insight; and for taking such good care of us and our work through all these years! Peace and blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete