Monday, August 3, 2020

Kathy's "GARDEN" Quilt




This "Garden" quilt started with a toddler's "T-Shirt" that says "One of a Kind."  As soon as I saw the shirt, I knew it was going to become the focal point of my quilt.

I carefully cut the T-shirt, then used "Misty Fuse" to mount the front of the shirt to the white fabric that has a floral motif in the background.  I "Free Motion" quilted the background to add texture.  The trim around the sides of the quilt was hand stitched, and the heart shape and rectangular "Hot Fix" embellishments were affixed to the fabric with a special (very hot) heating tool.

I took the picture of my "Garden" quilt in our back yard.  The background is a small view of one of the 5 gardens we have that surround our home.    I'm very happy with this Little Quilt, and I hope all of you enjoyed your journey through "The Garden!"

Peace and blessings,   Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Kathy! Love the setting for the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quilt, Kathy, that depicts your love of gardening. Thanks for finishing this quilt during a difficult and painful time for you! Gardeners rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt Kathy!! So glad you were able to finish and post despite all the difficulties you had. Wod love to the the border and embellishments up close!! I enjoyed this theme!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nedra ! If you "double click" on the quilt image, it should enlarge it to almost full screen, and you can see the border & embellishments better :-D
      I'm still hobbling around, but getting stronger every day. I truly hope I NEVER have to have my other knee replaced ! ! ! ! !

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty quilt and it must be a joy to have those beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt Kathy, loved that you were inspired by the toddler t-shirt...great starting point!

    ReplyDelete