Thursday, November 3, 2022

Karen's Bohemian





Bohemian can be a life style, a fashion statement, home decoration. This piece is for my niece who is most like me in her love of Bohemian. I found this picture and turned it into her and I. It depicts for me, the feeling of the definition of Bohemian. Wanderer, artistic, lives in an informal way.
    The picture was printed on the back side of a tone on tone beige fabric, using just the line drawing. I then used the Inketense pencils and blocks to color it in. I use water to release the ink to give it a water color look. I was going to put stitching in it but decided to leave it and will frame to give to Nikki as part of her wedding gift.



8 comments:

  1. Love this!! So soft and serene!! Your niece will love this!!! How wonderful you share the Bohemian characteristic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - I was total flummoxed by the theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tricia; Carolyn here. This is so lucious and warm. Love that you and your niece share your Bohemian characteristic. I think ALL of us Material Mavens must have some Bohemian traces in us. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story and piece of art! I'm so glad you were able to create this and share your technique. Inktense pencils are really fun to work with. I need to do a little more with them and you have inspired me to go for it. Judy Steward

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whose piece is this? Tricia had another, so she must have posted for someone else. Please let me know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete