Saturday, October 31, 2020



 Kathy's   "ROUND  TABLE"



I have to admit, when it was time for the "Round Table" Challenge, my very first thought was "Round Table Pizza !" 

[  We lived in Anchorage, AK for 35 years, and believe me...  "Round Table Pizza" was a pretty big deal for us...  Delicious, readily available in just about any combination you'd want,  AND... Free Delivery...  A super great bonus because of our weather and road conditions !  ]

I kept pondering how to put "Round Table" into one of our Quilts, and had, "by chance" recently ordered a book on "Crop Circles" that have intrigued me for many years.    How do they get those truly gigantic circles to be so perfectly "Circular" ?  How do they accomplish the extremely complex designs ?  How do they photograph the Crop Circles ?  So many questions ! 

As you can tell, "Crop Circles" became my theme, and I had a blast making this quilt !

The book, "Crop Circles, the Bones of God" by Michael Glickman has been (and continues to be) an enormous source of inspiration and information about these phenomenal structures.

All the fabrics in this quilt were "Rust Dyed" using old, rusted pieces / parts we continue to find in our pasture; and I have to admit, any time I see an old rusty piece of metal I tend to pick it up and add it to the stash  :-D

This particular Crop Circle, is called the "Angel Formation," and its one of my favorites.   It was "created" in July 2001, and is about 700 feet in diameter !


5 comments:

  1. Wow, crop circles!!! I am too lliterl! The lighting makes the background look translucent and the large circles appear to be floating!! Stunning effect!Very creative and gorgeous quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to view these crop circles when flying on an airplane, and have also been fascinated by them. This is a wonderful quilt Kathy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. The colors are so delicate. Love that you rusted dyed the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me with "Round Table Pizza", which then morphed into Crop Circles! Thank you for adding a photo that could be enlarged in order to see the details of your quilt. I've never rust dyed any fabric, but after seeing how you have used yours, I'm intrigued. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Beautiful little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! Round Table Pizza sounds delicious and wow that they had free delivery! Crop circles are an amazing piece of art as your quilt shows. Well done. I like the delicate colors.

    ReplyDelete