Wednesday, August 4, 2021

The Beauty Composite


I haven't read Shakespeare since a required senior high school English class.  I doubt I will soon again.  But it seems appropriate to borrow a well-known line from his writing, "Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good night till it be morrow."

Yes, 'tis my last composite of Round Three, and, sad to say, my last composite for such a talented group of quilters.  I've told Alice that if the group moves on, I'm not going to move on with you.  I have written a church history book that is in the last stages of production, and it's going to demand a great deal of attention, so time marches on.  Parting is such sweet sadness but on to new adventures.

There is no special arrangement this time; they just sort of fell into place, squares, verticals, horizontals, and one dark background--done.

The heart in the sewing machine says it all.  You are doing what you love, what your soul needs.  Keep it up; it is a gift.

The flowers in the background are called fire-wheel or Indian blanket or Sundance or Gaillardia pulchella.  Native to North America.  We have a yard full of them in the late spring.

One last note of farewell.  The tag in the lower right corner is my way of saying other doors are open to new adventures.  Walk through them.  That huge iron art door is on the campus of McLennan Community College at the former Art Center.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of the Material Mavens.  I've considered it a rich blessing.  

Randy

7 comments:

  1. Oh Randy, we have been so privileged for you to have been part of our journey! Thank you so much for your creativity, humor and thoughtfulness in putting together each and every composite. I've always looked forward to them being posted and have never been disappointed. I love the addition of the iron door photo, as I certainly feel I am open to walking through to new adventures, creative and otherwise.
    Wishing you all the best with your church history book and that you and Rita will enjoy many "open door adventures" also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Randy. I will miss this group and all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Randy for your artistic and technical talent in creating the composites for us all. You have added immensely to our enjoyment by allowing us to see our work side by side!!! Good luck in your new endeavor!!
    Mavens who wish to continue the group in a "looser" iteration, stay tuned. I will be sending a proposed plan and schedule soon for your input via e-mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Randy for always putting the work into an interesting collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randy, you are truly an Honorary Maven! Thank you for all of these wonderful composites that have added so much to our blog. All of us look forward to the way you arrange the quilts and to your humorous comments. You are an expert graphic artist, as well as such a good writer! Thanks thanks thanks--a million thanks from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randy. You are SO talented and have been such a blessing to our Material Maven group. Thank you for always making us look so professional! We are indebted to you for your consistent and humorous addition to our group. Move onward with our good wishes. And a loving hello to your soul mate, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randy, Thank you for all of the composites and making our little quilts sing. Enjoy the book project.

    ReplyDelete