Sunday, October 31, 2021

Andrea's Pieces Quilt

 


Bits and Pieces
12" x 12"
Gelatin printed monoprint, silkscreen, stencil, acrylic paint




This quilt is composed of experimental "bits and pieces" of ideas for previous Material Maven quilts.
Some of these ideas were used, others rejected.  The end result is very different from my original idea for this theme.  When going though some of my fabric stash to donate to my guild, I came across a lot of small "orphan" pieces of "what if" experiments.  As the pile grew, I started to put them together in a loose composition and was liking how well they were "playing" together, so thought, why not?  I've added a skinny strip of Kaffe Fassett's "Cloisonne" fabric, which I've also featured in my last two MM quilts.  Not only was it fun trying to incorporate a bit of this particular ( my favorite Kaffe ) fabric, but I think it adds another element  to the composition that was missing.

I am once again so grateful to our MM group for the opportunity to create something that I most likely would not have thought of making.  Although far from one of my favorite MM quilts, is was quite satisfying to put together. 

7 comments:

  1. This might be one of my favorite pieces that you have created. It's wonderful how you combined so many different techniques. I love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I love this blue/violet piece you have created, Andrea. I find it soothing and intriguing at the same time! What a great way to use leftovers from previous creations. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I love Keffe's fabrics so of course I love this quilt. But your idea of using orphan pieces of former quilts is totally clever! And the resulting composition is truly outstanding. Great job, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way this piece was created - it is very cohesive. I love seeing what bits and pieces can make and you did it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea - Another one of your BEAUTIFUL MM Quilts ! The colors you've chosen are soothing and calm, and the way you've pieced them together makes them look like they're one cohesive piece of fabric instead of "Pieces" of fabric. GREAT JOB ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like these always belonged together!! Love how the cobalt leaves standout from the background pieces. Black and white and Kaffe strips are great accents of interest!!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never guess that this was made up of castaway pieces. They flow together so well and adding those little pieces of black and white as well as the Kaffe adds even more interest.

    ReplyDelete