Monday, November 1, 2021

KATHY'S "PIECES"

KATHY'S  "PIECES"  



      

I think this Little  Quilt truly meets the definition of "Pieces" ! !

The Central Motif for this quilt was a 9" x 7" piece of fabric I picked up at a Garage Sale, or perhaps I'd already had "stashed away"  in my Studio ! 

The Green borders are pieces of  fabric that had been used in different projects, and they seemed to coordinate well with the colors of all the fruits and vegetables.  A different coordinating green fabric was used on the back of the quilt.

Using Monofilament Thread, I "Free-Motion" Quilted around each of the Fruits and Veggies, and then Free-Motioned through the background.

Each of the borders was stitched down using a "Walking Foot"  to keep the stitches straight, and to help the fabrics "Behave"  while they were being quilted  :-D

I think this "Little Quilt"  is going to become one of our "Standard Thanksgiving Day"  Quilts !

Peace and blessings to all....  Kathy Harte


4 comments:

  1. How lovely Kathy!! It seems like several of you were able to cleverly utilize pieces in your stash, aka UFO's, for this challenge. The cornucopia of fruit is so perfect for fall!! Your echo quilting in the background is exquisite as is all of the machine quilting!!!! Looks handpainted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilting. Its perfect for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute quilt! I bet it was fun to free motion quilt the fruits to give them dimension. The stash is a saving grace when you just want to create and you have the perfect piece for Thanksgiving now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, this is the perfect Thanksgiving Day quilt. I love the quilting and how it truly enhances your found fabric. I also agree with Nedra that the motif looks handpainted.

    ReplyDelete