Sunday, October 31, 2021

 Sara's Quilt - Pieces of Me    

This challenge put me in mind of a quote from the Hasidic Rebbe, Menachem Mendel of Klotz. He said "There is nothing so whole as a broken heart". Life's traumas have certainly broken me apart and I've put myself together in a new way - not the same as before but hopefully more compassionate, empathetic, patient and  kinder than I was before.

I printed my picture on prepared fabric (EQ printables on an  Epson 3880). I then thread painted the eyes, mouth and hair before applying it to a fabric base and quilting it with monofilament thread






8 comments:

  1. Sara, what a wonderful quilt! A great idea, and so well done. Nice to have you back here in the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara - I'd have to say, yours is one of the most intriguing and captivating quilts among all the quilts we've made during the last several years of being part of the Material Mavens. I don't know the trauma you've experienced, but your quilt speaks loud and clear for you. I hope you find much peace and happiness now and in the future. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a powerful quilt, Sara. This says so much about what you have been through in life, and the healing steps you have taken! Definitely a sacred quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Sara!! I LOVE this work by you. I know you have been through a lot and this is a fantastic visual and artistic representation of the breaking and repiecing of yourself. So expressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sara, Nice to have you back. Your quilt is very powerful. You have been thru a lot. Hopefully this helps you express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sara! You conveyed so much in this small quilt. I immediately have a strong reaction to what you are saying and just want to give you a big hug! Your thread painting added the perfect touches and using the monofilament thread gives the quilting the softness it needs. The use of the strong blue for the background adds to the strength of what you are sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice surprise to see that you posted a quilt Sara. So very powerful, poignant and well done on many levels.

    ReplyDelete