Monday, February 28, 2022

Nedra's Open - Australian Open



 Tennis is of huge interest to me - playing and watching!  The Big Four - the slams as they are called - include the US Open, Wimbledon, Roland Garros(French Open), and the Australian Open.  The calendar year of the pro circuit begins in January in Melbourne, Australia and of course I was watching it when I began to contemplate my choice for the Open theme.  The rest of the project was easy.  

The court at the AO is blue and represented in the bottom corner, the flag of Australia in the upper, and the ubiquitous kangaroo is playing!!  Commercial fabric was used, including a Kafffe Fassett for the roo,  and one was painted to get the right color for the court.  The piece is fused and machine quilted.   So fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Nedra I just love you interpretation of Open. My sister is a tennis fanatic so I always hear about tennis from her. Love your kangaroo. Its perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nedra, your Open Roo quilt is whimsical and creative, and I love what you have made. The Australian quilters would adore this one. Hats off to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nedra, how clever! I am not particularly a fan of watching tennis, but I was aware that the Australian Open was going on, as a dear friend of mine, a huge tennis fan, made mention of watching it often when it was taking place. This quilt could not be more clever and charming! Absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nedra, I have to say I Love this! Oh my gosh. Every time I pull it up I see more fun things like the adorable headband. Your fabric choices and composition make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL, knowing how much you love tennis, this is absolutely the perfect Open solution for you to have chosen! Adorable & whimsical, love your Kaffe Roo, and the head scarf is positively precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nedra - I'm rather overwhelmed at your interpretation of "OPEN" ! ! ! ! Never in my life would I have thought of"OPEN" Sports (or Tournaments)! Your "Australian Open" amazing, and I'm also very impressed with how perfect your binding is ! BRAVO !

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative is that? You nailed the theme or should I say you lobbed it?

    ReplyDelete