Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Judy's Serenity

With this little quilt I just wanted to create the feeling of “Serenity”. I started by painting a background that is soothing and joyful with the colors of a sunset.

I looked for hands that were in the praying shape, but most of them were at an angle so that you could see that they were hands. Then I came across hands open and it felt right. I then had to decide what I would do to create movement. I thought that I might use flowers, birds, and hearts, but that seemed too chaotic and serenity would be gone. Next it was hearts and I was cutting they out of all kinds of colors. Again, it was getting chaotic and cluttered. Three fabrics were chosen and then grouped together to make them flow upwards.


I have great peace when I think about others, so the hearts symbolize the love I send out to everyone when they come to mind. I love the hands open because when I hold my hands open they feel so right and they can be in praise, prayer, joy, or a place to receive and rejoice in all that is amazing.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to communicate 'Serenity.' I love your thought process, and your explanations of how this piece came to be. Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, this quilt touches my heart and almost brings tears coursing down my cheeks! Truly, to me, this is one of your most beautiful and certainly one of the most lovingly created of all your little MM quilts. I love how all of the rest of you have portrayed SERENITY this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a thoughtful and lovely portrayal of the serenity of of love and prayers for others! The background colors are very soothing and you've achieved the movement you wanted with your quilting. Special!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn’t realize that the hearts actually have created a loose heart shape until I saw it here. A heart of hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy, I LOVE this! You have created a Sacred Quilt that you and I have talked about doing! Make a larger one and enter it into the Sacred Threads show! Beautifully painted and quilted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy, I LOVE this! You have created a Sacred Quilt that you and I have talked about doing! Make a larger one and enter it into the Sacred Threads show! Beautifully painted and quilted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Carolyn! I didn’t think about this working for the Sacred Threads Show. They are having it this year so maybe I can refine this design and try for the next one in 2 years. Thanks for seeing it in that light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of fascinating stuff in your online journal particularly its dialog. From the huge amounts of remarks on your articles, I figure I am by all account not the only one having all the satisfaction here! keep doing awesomejogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv

    ReplyDelete