Friday, March 1, 2024

Karen's Fall

 Bare Tree 111



The tree is constructed with many different strips of brown batik which I heavily stitched in place. 

The leaves were made from double sided batik. I stitch the veins in with smoke colored monofilament thread. I let them curl and stitched them onto the back ground in just a few spots 
so they would keep the curl. 
The back ground was a perfect commercial fabric that I strategically quilted. 
This is an old piece that I pulled out and added the fallen leaves to the bottom of the tree. 
Added more quilting in the ground. 
It's nice to revisit old pieces!!

4 comments:

  1. I love how the branches make you feel the wind blowing thru them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your repurposed piece works great as the ground and I love how you created and stitched the tree bark and branches. Agree the branches have movement. My favorite aspect is the back ground piecing which makes it look like sunlight peeking through the upper right side and between the branches. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is such a lovely quilt. It really does look like the leaves are falling to the ground. The background looks amazing. When you look at the quilt you can actually see and feel the movement of the wind blowing in the air. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background fabric works so very well with the tree and falling leaves. Good for you for re-working an older piece into such a fall "feeling" one!

    ReplyDelete