Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Carolyn's Flower -Dancing Flowers


 Of course, being the gardener that I have always been, I just HAD to do flowers for this theme.  I am not a cook or a baker so for me, this was the right and only choice! 



I tried to use just one flower, but it looked lonely blowing in the wind.  I ended up adding a second flower and 5 leaves floating by.  The quilt is fused with scraps of Kaffe Collective fabrics that I have used in previous quilts, as is the binding.  I tried a wavy stitch for the polka dot background.  In my mind, it imitates swirls of wind.  We just had a super windstorm full of West Texas sand, so wind was on my radar.  

I am recuperating from 3 + months of health issues, so this was my first time "back in the saddle".  It feels good!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your are so right -- I think one flower would have definitely looked lonely!! Love the composition and addition of floating flowers. Very unusual color scheme but striking and background is perfect for this!! Glad you are feeling better and back at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy you are feeling better! Beautiful flowers and floating leaves in those luscious colors make me smile. The colors seem to come straight from your wonderful garden. The quilting gives it the movement you were going for. Judy S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised to see you chose to depict flowers and that you used KF fabric for them! We share a mutual passion for KF's fabrics and quilt designs. I love the movement depicted here and am SO GLAD you're back in the quilting saddle again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn I love your flowers. You definitely feel the breeze. The colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What WOULD we do without our beloved Kaffe fabric?!!!! I'm so glad you are feeling better and able to get back to your quilting. Love the design with the five floating leaves and wavy background stitching.

    ReplyDelete