Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Judy's Flower Rabbit

22" x 26"

Flour/Flower. I have a funny picture from the beginning of the pandemic that I thought I might make into a quilt. The store shelves were totally empty of flour because everyone started baking, but someone who helped us get a laugh had put some pots of Flowers on those shelves.

I just didn’t get that one going, but I have been working hard to collage a rabbit. It turns out the year of the rabbit just might be my year of a series of rabbit collages. This is one of 3 that I have been working on. When I completed it, I realized that it fit the theme perfectly. It’s spring, it’s floral, and it’s a rabbit which covers this year and this season.


The background fabric is an ombre so it goes from light to dark and there are more dots in the dark area. I used the middle of the fabric, which is the lightest part, as the backing. The fabric is Moda “Ombre confetti metallic” by Vanessa Christenson of V and Co. On the selvage it says, “Spread Kindness Like Confetti”. I believe that wholeheartedly.




6 comments:

  1. Wow, there's a lot to see in this quilt!! The machine quilting is spectacular!! Thanks forthe close up shots!! Particularly love everything about the face of the bunny -- you've given it the cutest expression!! The colors scheme is really pretty!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, This is the most adorable rabbit. I love all the pastel flowers you used on her, and the free-motion quilting is the best. One of my favorites of your MM quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the great privilege of seeing this quilt in person. Judy came to see me, to pick up a quilt she'll be quilting for me, and she brought this quilt to show me, telling me that she would be posting it on our blog for this theme. How perfect! It is even prettier in person than it is in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your rabbit! The ombre fabric is perfect. Your quilting is amazing. Wish I could see it in person

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where to start! Your rabbit is adorable and quilting is amazing ( as always ) echoing the designs in your bunny. I keep thinking of the clever person who put the flower pots on the shelf where the flour should have been. I do hope you pursue that idea, meanwhile, please post your other 2 rabbit quilts when they are done? I'd love to see them.

    ReplyDelete