Thursday, April 30, 2020

Jane's Paint Quilt: The Orchid



From Alice:  Jane was unable to post today because she is having a medical procedure done.  She asked me to post the photo of her quilt, which I was happy to do.

About this quilt Jane said:

Paint is a very important part of my work in surface design. I use it in many different ways. 

In this quilt, I painted on silk charmeuse with Pro Fab fabric paint and Inktense blocks. Gail Bradney shared some tips from Andrea Brokenshire. She also gave me the orchid. 


Alice again here:  Jane sent me several other photos that illustrate her process.  


This was the original photo which Jane used for her painted quilt.

More "process photos"

In this photo you can see a bit of a black and white version
of the photo, useful when working with values, and then
the painting in process.


6 comments:

  1. Jane, I was so happy to be able to help out by posting for you today! This quilt is gorgeous, and I know that others beside me appreciate the "in process" photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Jane!! The colors are so vibrant stitiching to enhance it!! Masterful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Jane, I also love seeing your "in process" photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is rich with color and it is fun to see your process. What a spectacular flower and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it interesting that we're able to paint an image, and then enhance the image with machine quilting ! Beautiful image - lovely quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, I am behind in my remarks about your lovely painted and quilted piece. I am so impressed with you Arkansas gals for all of the growth you have made. You are challenging the rest of us!!! A beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete