Friday, July 31, 2020

Tricia and Pearl's garden

What a crazy year! In the past month and a half I have a new grand son and my youngest was married in a small ceremony. With Covid we had to completely change my daughters wedding to a small ceremony with only some of our family. Amazingly my son, his wife and our three  grand children were able to make it east for three weeks. I was trying to figure out how to create my garden when they were here. I decided to have my grand daughter, Pearl help me.

I created the background with clouds, grass and machine quilted it. I had several pieces of fabric with fusibles on the back. Pearl picked pieces and created flowers. We ran out of time. I will machine stitch our garden next week and post it with the stitching. It was so wonderful being able to play with fabric with my grand daughter.


9 comments:

  1. What a charming quilt and a wonderful way to get your granddaughter involved in quilting! I think the quilt is fine "as is," but if you do decide to add some additional stitching, let me know! We might delay having the composite done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I do plan on stitching it next week. Ill let you know when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Tricia, what I terrific project to work on with your granddaughter. What a little treasure for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to engage your grand. Of course you’ll have to give it to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and how fun to have her help you with your garden!
    What a wonderful memento this will be for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tricia, I love that your granddaughter helped you create this lovely quilt. You will have to send it to her when you finish the quilting. I'm sure it will be one of her lifetime treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH ! What a wonderful way to "Create" and be able to include your granddaughter in this project ! I love the abstract flowers that Pearl created with scraps of fabric... And I agree with the other Mavens' suggestion about gifting this "Little Quilt" to your precious granddaughter !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, such a wonderful memory of a special time with your granddaughter. Am I right to think that you painted the sky fabric? It is perfect and the way you did the ground really makes the flowers and sun shine!

    ReplyDelete