Sunday, October 31, 2021

Tricia's Jigsaw Pieces Quilt

 I have always loved working on jigsaw puzzles. They are just filled with pieces. I thought it would be fun to try and create a simple jigsaw puzzle quilt. I took the photo this September at a friends summer house in Northern Maine. I just love the sunset colors on the flowers. Here is the photo that I used to start.



I had a friend print the photo onto broadcloth that was prepared for printing. I then downloaded a puzzle pattern. I enlarged the pattern for the photo with just 6 pieces. I stitched the jigsaw pattern on the photo but separated one piece of the puzzle.










7 comments:

  1. Very nice, Tricia. I originally intended to make a puzzle - at least that's what I thought of when I selected the word. But, time and intimidation got the best of me!!! Thanks for explaining how you created this charming puzzle. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here's how I could have done a jig saw quilt! I should have thought of this! Love the photo on which your quilt is based, and the quilt itself is perfect for this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both started with a photograph. Your starting image is striking and I love the fact that the puzzle isn't quite complete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia - What an amazing interpretation of "Pieces." I never would have thought of a puzzle, but its absolutely perfect for this challenge ! Congrats on a beautiful quilt, and for your explanation of how to download the Puzzle Pattern and manipulate that pattern for use on your quilt ! Great job :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever!! Gorgeous photo. Love the almost "missing" piece!! Great interpretation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great and to have that one piece that is separate from the quilt makes it a playful jigsaw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your inspiration photo is gorgeous and a great start to a very fun and clever quilt.
    I love the piece that isn't quite in place yet!

    ReplyDelete