Thursday, September 15, 2011

Patti's Harmony Quilt







This is my Harmony Quilt "Renewed at Crystal Lake, N. H.". I was inspired by the crystal clear waters and serene nature of the lake. I have gone for many summers to Crystal Lake since I was a little girl. I was on my kayak and paddling through a small cove which was covered with blooming pond lillies. When I did a close of the lily, there were little black bugs hanging out and enjoying the flora as I was. I felt like we were all in sync with nature. (Actually, I might have been bothering them).








I did machine applique, free-motion quilting, and added crystal beads. I added some shimmer with netting.

6 comments:

  1. What a transporting piece...transports to peace!!!! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, congratulations! You are now blogging, and what a gorgeous quilt you have posted! I hope everyone knows to click on the image to enlarge it, as then you can see the truly outstanding quilting and embellishment you have done on this piece. You've done such a good job of translating a memorable experience into a beautiful little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, Great job! Your color choices and stitching are wonderful! I can see that you had fun with the whole process and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job, Patti, of sharing your view of the water lily with us. I love the harmony of the little black bugs enjoying the beauty along with you. I feel like I'm peering down on them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so peaceful and a great job of using color harmony too. This is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I haven't been to Crystal Lake, I have been to Monet's home at Giverny to see the water lilies there. I love how you've transported me back there & how you've achived the look of water.

    ReplyDelete