Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Andrea's Key Quilt



Key Lime Pie

11 x 14 
cotton, fabric paint


I was going to design a quilt using antique keys as a motif, but around the holidays when looking through my recipes, I came across one for Key Lime pie.  Ahhhh...KEY Lime Pie, light bulb moment!  That was much more interesting than my original idea.
For emphasis, I decided the only color would be the slice of pie itself.  All the elements were first stitched on white fabric, cut out and then stitched on to the background.  I used fabric paint on the pie slice using stencils that I made.

9 comments:

  1. Yummy! One of my favorites, and I love how the all white quilt makes the pie slice stand out! You've done a beautiful job with this quilt, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Alice, I really had fun with this.

      Delete
  2. Great minds think alike - well sort of!! Love this and yes your pie looks quite yummy showing up as it does against the white! Carved key in the chair back is brilliant. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I love the drama in this quilt! The lime against the white is so effective. I think you should do more little quilts like this - a new style for you!!! Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion Carolyn, I was actually thinking of that myself . At least two more for a series. "Ice cream" might be the next one!

      Delete
  4. What an awesome interpretation of "Key" ! And as others have mentioned, I love the stark contrast of the key lime color against the stark white ! AND.... I think you deserve extra points for the carved key in your chair ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathy, I really appreciate your enthusiasm!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That looks refreshing! The stencils you made for the pie are perfect and add the perfect touch. As always, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete