Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Judy's Map Key


Key
What was I going to do for key? I love old fashioned romantic looking keys and that would make a pretty quilt. Then there is the key to my heart which has lots of compartments filled and filling more each day. Plus, Valentines Day is coming up.

Then I remembered the key on a map. It’s also called a Legend. Geography was my favorite subject because I wanted to travel everywhere and see the world. When we would travel I wanted to be in charge of the map to keep track of where we were and how much further we had to go. What city would be the next one? Where were the rest stops? Were there mountains to climb or rivers to cross? Was there a state or national park with trails to hike? The Key held the secrets of what the symbols meant and what fun it was to find them.

5 comments:

  1. wow, Judy! You really take the prize for the most unusual use of the word "key"! I'd never have thought of using a map's legend, which of course is a wonderful key, as the subject of a quilt. But I love it, and I really like the calming color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, what a great interpretation of "KEY"! I love all the detail in your Key / Legend, and as Alice mentioned, your color choices are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, clever, clever! I think this is a stupendous interpretation of the word, "Key." I love the way you added the key symbols and the words for those symbols. Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy, I so love your interpretation of the key! When thinking about what I wanted to submit as a theme, I tried to find a word with as many meanings as I could, and kept coming back to KEY, but I never thought of the key/legend on a map. I am SO glad that you did! This is a fabulous quilt from concept, to design, to colors to the Map Key. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not think of this kind of key but of course! A great idea and I love this!! Your detailed key is meticulously executed as is the map. So nicely colored and so different. Another clever cookie here!

    ReplyDelete