Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Kathy's "KEY TO MY HEART"


                            THE  KEY  TO  MY  HEART 

   [  Please excuse the rather "faded" colors.    In "real life" the reds, and dark browns are saturated color(s) and are lovely !]
______________________________________________________

Before I start any of our "MM Quilts"  I always go through the personal "trauma" of "What Am I Gonna Do With This Word ?"

"KEY".....Its the middle of January.....Next month is February..... February.....Valentine's Day.....A Very Special Day for anyone with the last name of  "HARTE!"

       This Quilt just had to be  "The Key to my Heart" 💟

Actual construction of this quilt was relatively easy although it took me a while to assemble all the "pieces-parts!"
  
*All of the Heart motifs started off as "Vintage Hearts" from the "Shabby Shapes" Laser Cut Applique collections offered by Shabby Fabrics.    
*All of the hearts were machine appliqued with Monofilament thread.  A small "Buttonhole" stitch was used for this applique.
* I describe the heart that frames the Key as an "Open Heart."      
* In my imagination  I saw these "Hearts" being mounted onto a simple wooden board, thus the background fabric for this quilt has a distinct wood-grain texture to it.
* For the back of the quilt, I "recycled" some fabric that was once-upon-a-time an awesome "Scrub Top" my Sister wore when she worked at the hospital !


Aside from the technical aspect of getting my pictures taken and then uploaded to the computer (ARGHHH!),  I really had a great time with this challenge !
           HAPPY   VALENTINE'S  DAY  TO  ALL ! 





5 comments:

  1. I had to giggle a little, Kathy, when I saw your quilt! You and I and Carolyn--all of us had the same take on the theme, yet of course, all three are quite different. I love the look of the dangling hearts and their different shapes, especially the open heart that includes the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Kathy, of course the three of us went in the same direction. After all, we have to get prepared for Valentine's Day! Love the 3 hearts, and the message behind the "open" heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving all the quilts with the hearts! I can definitely "see" your hearts dangling on a wooden board. The open heart with the key is perfect, I love the contrast in textures and materials. I'm sorry if the theme caused a bit of trauma, but you overcame beautifully!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your colors don’t look washed out to me!They are beautiful as is the entire quilt. I love all of the hearts but the open heart with the key is the best. Great work!,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. The open heart adds the perfect balance to the composition. It took me a little bit but I realized that the large heart has a keyhole in it which makes it fun to think that the key there can fit into it. How fun it would be to have hearts dangling like this on Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete