Saturday, July 31, 2021

Jane's American Beauty

 American Beauty


 As I approached the subject Beauty, I thought about Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Art is also in the eye of the beholder. Trying to be a part of the world of beauty by creating art has brought me much pleasure for the past 20 years. Being a part of the Material Mavens group has changed my life in a positive way. Being an American has given me the freedom to pursue happiness. 

I found this piece of fabric in my stash. It started as a commercial fabric, but I transformed it with paint. Even with the paint, it was just lying around. It was one of many experiments I have done on fabrics. With its red white and blue palette, I named it American Beauty. Quilting it gave new emphasis to the stenciled design. I finished it with a traditional binding. I used red thread to bring out the red in the print. 

A



7 comments:

  1. Such an interesting design. Love the texture the paint adds to the fabric. The quilting really enhances the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I love following your work on Facebook! And I'm so happy that you found the perfect piece to use for this theme! I clicked to enlarge to better appreciate your, as always, wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, Jane enjoy following your hand-dyed works on Facebook. Love that you chose the "American colors" for this little quilt. And, your quilting of it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating story about this quilt ! Isn't it amazing what we're able to do with fabric we find in our collections, and how they empower us to talk about special moments and times in our lives !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to find the perfect piece in your stash. The stenciling on commercial fabric doesn't even cross my mind so it was fun to see how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes those experimental pieces relegated to the stash container are just waiting to shine, as your American Beauty did! I love the stencil design and your quilting which emphasizes and complements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you do with fabric and dyes!! How wonderful that you were able to use and experimental piece to compose an American Beauty! Great quilting to complement your unique interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete