Saturday, July 31, 2021

Tricia's Beauty



 
Tricia's Beauty

The word "beauty" can be looked at in many ways. A few weeks ago my youngest daughter was married on the top of a mountain overlooking Lake Willoughby in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. There are so many beauties in the picture. The beauty of marriage, the beauty of the bride and groom, the beauty of the vista, the beauty of the flowers and the beauty of my four children gathered together for this moment. The beauty of all the family and friends that have gathered to celebrate their marriage. I can go on and on!

I created this quilt with a photograph printed onto fabric. The flowers from the wedding were so spectacular I wanted to create flowers for the corners of the quilt. I used Terial Magic on the silk to keep it from fraying. ( This was one of those products that one purchases at a show and never uses it ;) I finally used it). I cut out the petals, sewed them together and added beads for an embellishment. The colors for the wedding were blue and purple. I sewed blue and purple silk ribbons onto the edges for the border.






6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to portray beauty! The beauty of family and of marriage. And the flowers are simply the "icing on the cake!" They are truly gorgeous. I'll now look for that product in Houston this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tricia, This is a heirloom! I loved seeing the photos on Facebook of this beautiful wedding. You made the perfect choice for this theme. I LOVE it! Thanks for explaining your use of Terial Magic. It is in one of my drawer, never to be used. I will now give it a go! Beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia - What a truly delightful quilt.... I'm sure everyone will enjoy looking at for years to come ! And thanks for the explanation on how you made your flowers .... UMMMM... I think I have a bottle of "Terial Magic" somewhere in my Studio - Will have to see if I can find it and start using it in some of my art projects !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful memory quilt. Your use of the photo, ribbons, and the flowers with the beads in the center make this quilt pop. This is a precious quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect representation of Beauty and a wonderful quilt to be cherished. Precious family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed - so much beauty to behold in this gorgeous photo of you daughter and family!! Your framing of it is so perfect!! Congratulations too!!

    ReplyDelete